I recently read a post in a blog by Chris Brogan about helping other people to learn about social media. In his blog, he included a number of links to some resources about understanding social media. This is a great little video about blogs and how they work.
Watch this video from Common Craft about blogs:
Chris Brogan, as does the video, points out that working together is critical to learning and developing real skills in social media. Its not about having a blog, but about what people like us do with them that matters. If you're reading this, then there's a good chance that you, like me are interested in how cultural groups can use these tools better.
How can we work together?
Here's 5 ideas..
1) Post blogs about how your arts group is using web 2.0 and social media
2) Tell others about it. Post comments on their blogs and my blog
3) Give feedback to others about what you read, or how it relates to your organization's experience, or questions it raises that we should try to answer, or how we might do it better
4) Invite me to interview you about your organization
5) What's the fifth idea? Let me know.