I was thinking about what some of the elements of an effective social media plan were. At its core social media is about the place where technology, content and social interactions meet. And conversations and relationships that were once invisible are now in plain sight. So what does that mean?
Here's four things that came to mind.
- Community Building - time consuming but essential - reaching out to others as much as expressing oneself, and adding to the conversation
- Getting Personal - People connect with people, allowing and encouraging personal voices to be heard rather than just 'institutional' ones
- Engaging and Authentic Voices - People are smart - Its important to be real and authentic
- Having Conversations - Communities of people want to be part of a conversation, a two way deal
- What other things are important to the plan?
- What are some specific examples of how Arts Organizations are using social media plans?