I've been thinking a lot about the power of passion, and how emotion and emotional connections act as fuel. I think emotions are the glue that binds everything together. As Maya Angelou said
Preamble: Connecting to What you Want
Years ago my horn teacher, Martin Smith, told me that the universe has everything I want in it, and it is only a matter of connecting to it.
His approach was this:
- Be clear about what you want
- Focus only on the essence of it, not specifics (the universe is way smarter then us)
- Put energy into it every day.
- The energy will act as cogs on a wheel turning things to bring you and what you are wanting closer together.
More than 20 years ago (wow!) I took a couple Dale Carnegie classes. How to Win Friends, and Influence People, and Public Speaking... or something like that. I don't remember most of it, except for 3 things.
- Remember and use peoples names
- Talk from your direct experience allowing you to tap into your personal emotions and energy
- Move around and move your body when speaking
I got the message.... here's my pencil - probably for 'most improved' :>) P.S. They were great programs.
Connecting the Dots - Or the cogs on the great machine
Direct personal referrals have a close rate of 75%. That's why all this brew ha ha about social media and social networks, and and and
I've tried to create an image that maps this for me.... and this is where I need your help.. does this work? What am I missing.....
- We create and sustain ways to connect with our most passionate supporters - Super persons
- The emotional energy we help support, turns the cogs on the wheels helping our super people connect with others.
- Through their networks and passion, others are drawn into our circle, and help drive the machine
What do you think?